It has been a very long time since anything happened with the car, and here on the blog, but today I spent a few hours in the garage.
Most of that time was spent building a cart that will allow me to drop the engine and have a look at the clutch. I also drained the oil in preparation for that.
Latest Instagram picsWhen I put all the parts back on the long block I was a bit too excited and only later did I realise that the threads on the cross-over oil pipe were done and the pipe needed replacing. Since it's now run the initial 20 minutes and was in for the first oil change I thought I would take the opportunity to replace it. So off came the old pipe but when getting the new one into place it didn't fit 😟. On closer examination the pipes are slightly different, enough to make it impossible to put it in place. Will have to investigate this further and possibly order a new part.It's alive!Back in the garage to pick up the troubleshooting. Most of the evidence is pointing to the fuel pump relay although it tests out fine.
- Replace alternator ground wires
- Install front and rear wheel spacers
- Replace brake fluid
- Install fuse for instrument lights
- Install new seats
- Finish MTX-L installation (WOT-switch)
- Install glove compartment lid
- Fix leaking rear window
- Check condition of clutch and flywheel
- Replace CV joints
Most read the last few days